Each link will open up the corresponding worksheet in PDF format. Please print the worksheets applicable to you, and fill them out prior to your appointment.
If you are Married & Filing a Joint (MFJ) return, you only need to fill out ONE "Basic Worksheet" for the two of you. That is the only worksheet where you may combine your expenses (i.e. NOT business expenses).
For all other worksheets, please fill out one per person & occupation/business.
2017 Worksheets everyone needs:
- BASIC WORKSHEET» **Everybody needs to complete this form.**ONE OF THESE PER TAX RETURN (i.e. two people may fill out one of these)**
- HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR INTERVIEW» Hints for getting organized.
- RECORD KEEPING REQUIREMENTS» Things you need to know, in case you're questioned.
- CHECKLIST FOR INTERVIEW» Things to bring to your appointment.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)» Just check it out.
- ABOUT THE DREADED L.A. CITY BUSINESS TAX» We know you're not really a business, but...
Worksheets Specific to Occupation - ONE PER PERSON & OCCUPATION, even if Married Filing Joint:
- ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY DEDUCTIONS» Everyone working in the entertainment industry -- except for performers, writers, and musicians -- add this to your Basic Worksheet.
- PERFORMER’S DEDUCTIONS» Actors, singers, etc. Add this to your Basic Worksheet.
- WRITER’S DEDUCTIONS» Writers, add this to your Basic Worksheet.
- MUSICIAN’S DEDUCTIONS» Musicians, add this to your Basic Worksheet.
- EMPLOYEE BUSINESS EXPENSES» Teachers, nurses, or anyone who may have business expenses but is not in the entertainment industry, OR has income with taxes withheld (W-2).
- SERVICE BUSINESS INCOME» If you receive fees for performing a service, you need this worksheet along with the Basic Worksheet.
- GENERAL BUSINESS INCOME» If you sell a product, this is the worksheet for you.
- RENTAL INCOME & EXPENSES» Fill out one of these worksheets for each rental property, along with the Basic Worksheet & any others you may need.
OTHER WORKSHEETS TO USE AS NEEDED: